Monday, October 31, 2011

Pride

1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.
3. Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness.
4.
a. A cause or source of pleasure or satisfaction; the best of a group or class: These soldiers were their country's pride.
b. The most successful or thriving condition; prime: the pride of youth.
5. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit.
 
Pride is a double edge sword . Pride can keep you from stooping to levels beneath yourself to prove a point and pride can be the reason you fail. I pride myself in knowing myself and my limitations, but such pride has caused me to miss several opportunities. Where does one draw the line? When does pride reach the point of arrogance or conceit? When does pride reach a sense of foolish? I have no idea to be honest but I say this much pride has just as many ups as it does downs. Take pride in something or be willing to buy every dream you can be sold . Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment