Friday, November 4, 2011

Isolation

I am a fan of Robert Greene. I admire the knowledge as well as the way he structures his pieces. In 48 Laws of Power for each law he states a reversal of this law as to where the practice of such may not play in your favor. Isolation is one of those things that can help and hinder all the same time. I am a sociology major and I tend to look at things at a systems level. I like to analyze how all part effect the other. The sociology definition of isolation is :  a lack of contact between persons, groups, or whole societies. Sometimes our friends and families can blur our vision and lead us to make decisions differently then we originally planned . The benefits of isolation for me are simply clarity and the chance to analyze situations minus distraction. My mother and family dont think its a healthy practice. The downside of it that I have been known to get so far into my  head and become consumed with my situations that I shut off the world and take a me against the world approach. I guess the cliche all things in moderation is the safest approach to take with isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment