Saturday, November 5, 2011

Loyalty

loy·al·ty

[loi-uhl-tee] Show IPA
noun, plural -ties.
1.
the state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations.
2.
faithful adherence to a sovereign, government, leader, cause, etc.
 
I use this term a lot. I hate that so many times this is not the behavior that I receive from which I should. Loyalty is very important and high up on my list of must have qualities. I expect you to be just as loyal to me as I would be to you. If you not loyal to self you cant be anything to me. If you lie to yourself you will lie to other people. If you have a history of being inconsistent and indecisive when making decisions for your own life I can't expect anything different as it pertains to me. Maybe the lack of loyalty people have to themselves is what makes it acceptable to be so disloyal to others. Everything in the way of progression begins with self. If you can't stick to your guns and have a certain type of conviction about your own well being you can't be loyal to me. Be careful who and what you vow your loyalty too and be sure that they have the capacity to vow the same to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment